Monday, December 1, 2008

Another vow to be better at this...

5 months later...I know...it's atrocious...we have been busy...but that is no excuse. I really am going to try to be better about this!! I know I have said that before...but...I have also come to a new....realization I suppose you could say. Up till now, I have (still) not had a good working camera so I have not taken pictures...and I figure nobody's going to want to look at it if it has no pictures. I decided though that I'm going to post...even if I have no pictures (sorry folks....hello boring blog)...I have realized how fast time is flying by and how fast the kids are growing...and there's been so many times one of them has said something funny or done something cool (or not cool)...and I've wanted to write about it...but it just hasn't happened...and for their sakes...I want to have something...and it is sooo much easier for me to type than to write.

Anyway...with that said...these past five months have been insanely fun and crazy. It just amazes me how the day seems to fly be...it is never boring...never slow...there is always something to do from the moment I (or Gage) wake up...to the moment I finally close my eyes for the night. Gage is on the move (finally...lol...he's the last of all the kids to really move around...elli was cruising around 8 months...keith was crawling around 6). His favorite thing to do is lift up the kitchen rugs and help himself to a lovely buffet of tasty bugs, lint, day old cereal, etc. Keith has really been testing my patience lately...but when I really pay attention to him and have plenty for him to do...he is such a good kid!! Unfortunately...if he is left to his own imagination to come up with things to do...the list is endless...he is so much like his Uncle Paul it blows my mind sometimes. Yesterday I found my poor helpless bar of soap impaled by a bobby pin (??) Certainly in the great scheme of things...no big deal...but really...where does he come up with these things!? With Paul coming home in a week and a half...it has really made me realize how much the kids have grown. Elli's really gotten into puzzles...which has been fun for me...because I absolutely love puzzles...and it reminds me of my Grandmother...who literally had closets full of puzzles. The kids and I are sitting at the kitchen table right now with a bag of beans Elli just harvested from the garden. I don't know what it has been about this particular crop...it's only about...5 feet long...one row...but it has been extremely proliferic...hope I spelled that right. Elli and I are snapping the ends off and snapping them into smaller pieces. Keith's eating his little pile raw. Well, this week is my week for Joy School...so I'm going to pull that up and make sure I have everything I need...I'll post again soon :)

0 comments: